Monday, February 23, 2009

Cell Phone


Thought about having a phone available while we are in Egypt. Would probably get a prepaid one to use while we are there. The big question is do we get one here or do we wait and get one in Egypt? I've been trying to do the research on the web but haven't come to any conclusive decisions. Some sites say get one before you leave. Buy a SIM card for Egypt and buy prepaid minutes. The logic behind this is that you will have the phone to use in the US when you return home. This just raises another question of would I really use the phone once I get home. I don't hardly use a cell phone now. We could just leave the phone in Egypt with our host family when we leave and they could use up the minutes and then dispose of the phone. I have no idea what to do and time is growing short. At least a few sites stated it would be cheaper to get one there and I'm inclined to agree. Nearly everything seems to be cheaper there than here. Will keep you posted on this topic as we travel around.


Thinking about this though has convinced me that when we travel in the US and Canada we should have a prepaid phone with us to use so we can call folks when necessary and can be contacted easily. Maybe when we get back we will just get a cell for each of us and be done with it. Who knows?

No comments:

Post a Comment