Monday, February 16, 2009

Egyptian Pounds


The Egyptian pounds we ordered came in on Thursday last week. Bonnie picked it up on Friday. We requested all five pound notes but it didn't come that way. I think out of the 150 pounds we got 8 five pounders and the rest were larger. Now the biggest problem I have with this exchange is that the bank charged us a five dollars "service" fee for the Egyptian pounds. The whole transaction was only for $35 dollars that that equates to between 15-20%. Pretty stiff penalty for trying to be a good citizen. I realize that banks are in business to make money but this is just a little ridiculous I think. If they are going to charge that much they should have a minimum purchase amount even on foriegn currency. Of course this is just my opinion for what it's worth. I guess we should have taken the advice of a couple of seasoned travellers to take US dollars and exchange them when we get to the destination. We won't be so foolish again. Time grows short, less than three weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment