Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Germany - July 3


Slept in again to 7:30. Not sure what's on tap today. Mel and Neil will fly back to London we do that tomorrow night.

Had coffee and a bagel at Coffee Fellows. It was okay but not great. Went to the Deutsches Museum. This is a fantastic place. I could have spent days in this place not just the few hours we were there and never have been bored. I would highly recommend it but allow plenty of time because you will need it. Had lunch in the old town portion of Munich. Mel and I had different sausage dishes and shared each others. Mel had white sausage and I had one that started with an 'r' and it was much better than the white. The kraut I had with my sausage was excellent and the mustard was very good as well. Bonnie and Neil had spinach dumplings with a salad. The sauce on the dumpling was excellent, the dumpling itself I thought was okay. Then we are back to the hotel to pick up Mel and Neil's luggage so they could return to London. We will join them tomorrow night. We walked with them to the train station and saw them off.

Bonnie and returned to the hotel. Bonnie read and napped. I worked on these entries so that I could get them posted when we get to London. At 17:00 we roused ourselves out and went to vespers at an old and marvelous church. I would have loved to take some pictures but high mass started right after vespers ended. Maybe I will have an opportunity next time to take pictures.

After vespers we returned to the hotel. I worked on these entries some more and Bonnie read and napped. About 21:00 we turned in.

No comments:

Post a Comment